Yeap, data and stuff
October 31st, 2010Visualisation
Spotted: October 29th – October 31st:
- Wave 5 the socialisation of brands – report – The fifth yearly 'Wave' report on Social Media, looking particulary at brands.
- Making SQL Fast | Use The Index, Luke! – Unlike many other performance tuning resources, Use The Index, Luke avoids unnecessary details about database internals but highlights the one topic that is most often neglected: proper indexing.
- Piknik Color Picker – It's a bit sad, but I love this colour picker. Just move your cursor, and find the colour!
- Google investing in some eye-popping projects – latimes.com – Self-driving cars, a windmill farm in the middle of the ocean — what is the search giant up to? As with its once-baffling investments in the likes of YouTube, Android and Wave, we'll see.
- FundBreak | Crowdfunding creative projects and ideas – If you are familiar with Kickstarter, this is a UK based equivalent to help garner funding for your projects.
October 10th, 2010Visualisation
Spotted: August 26th – October 10th:
- 21 Ruby Tricks You Should Be Using In Your Own Code – Ruby tips and tricks
- London, Paris, Seville, Dublin, Washington DC & Rome bike hire docking station maps | Charlotte Gilhooly – Comparing the density of bike hire stations over London, Paris, Seville, Dublin and Washington DC.
- PeteSearch: Geodict – an open-source tool for extracting locations from text –
- Headers & Footers in LaTeX – How to define headers within a LaTeX document by using Fancyhdr
- Do you strip or crunch? A lazy marketer’s guide to social media campaigns – theplan – A deconstruction of a pretend social media campaign, to show why Polo are taking the wrong tact witht their current campaign.