Yeap, data and stuff
November 30th, 2010Visualisation
Spotted: November 12th – November 30th:
- Extract colors from photos and make color schemes | ColorSuckr – A handy way to choose colour schemes.
- SQL injection with raw MD5 hashes (Leet More CTF 2010 injection 300) – cvk | nc -l -p 80 – SQL injection with raw MD5 hashes
- CTOvision.com – Disruptive IT – This list reviews the companies regarded as having very high potential to change the way IT is done in large enterprises. It was compiled by Bob Gourley based on personal research. For more on methodologies see the note at the bottom of the list.
- BBC – 5 live blog: Radio 5 live and our use of Twitter – Radio5 talking about their use of Twitter to engage with their audience.
- Never Wait For The Website To Be Ready – FeverBee – The Online Community Guide – You can spend a lot of time waiting for the platform to be just right. Everything has to look perfect right? …or members wont participate?<br />
November 5th, 2010Visualisation
Spotted: November 1st – November 5th:
- The Complete Business Guide To Facebook Deals – Yesterday Facebook changed the game for businesses who maintain physical presences across the country with the release of Facebook Deals. Suddenly, Facebook users have a reason to check-in to places. For those business owners who aren’t clear on what opportunities Facebook Deals provides, here’s a comprehensive guide.
- Edge – Serpentine Maps Marathon – A social network mapping arbitration of information and amount of connections between narcotraffickers and public servants in a Mexican Cartel.
- Visual Inspiration: 30 Beautiful Web App Site Designs – A web application’s site design is the first look potential users will get before deciding whether or not to sign up for the service; it’s the book cover, table of contents and blurb of a web app that abeyant visitors will scrutinize before deciding to make the jump towards becoming its user.
- Starting with Git: Cheat Sheet | Think Vitamin – A handy cheat sheet for using Git.
- Making user testing happen « Boagworld – We all know we should be doing more usability testing than we are. Fortunately there are some great tools available to make the job easier.